Tuesday, August 24, 2010

QUICK HITS

Well here I am, some two weeks plus from my last post. So I have a little explanation, some observations, and hope you’ll all forgive me for being selfish and staying away so long.

First, for you working warriors out there, an honest question: Do you feel a “change” in your employers’ attitude towards you? Have expectations been altered?

From this guys hole in the fence I can assure you: You are not alone.

I’m going on two years now without a raise while my performance reviews continue to score in the 95 percentile. My job requires me to work different times on any given day. Enthusiastic flexibility is required. I just have caught this feeling in the wind that things are not looking good for small business and the trickle-down effect has been potent.

ImanObama continues to vacation (sixth time in just over 7 months) just to get away from the drumbeat of an angry and anti-government electorate. My last vacation was in March of 1987. Democrats can’t run from the President fast enough.

I praise God for Obama. He has single handedly awakened a hypnotized public from a costly sleep. He has shown America elections have consequences. These consequences were foreseeable, but the press failed to tell us who this man really was and McCain’s futile attempts to knock him down or even lay a glove on him makes him an accomplice.

I let not my heart be troubled because I see the last combat troupes left Iraq. These women and men who have endured in the most inhospitable of places fighting for freedom now know liberties’ price. They’re experiences change the game and the course of this countries future. They have my undying respect. Their families have my prayers. I hope they see the time they were apart was time well spent. They changed a shackled country into a fledgling democracy. Fragile as it is, it only takes a spark to get a roaring fire.

The CD project continues. We are close to mastering the disc.

According to this Obama has spent more stimulating the economy than Bush did on the Iraq war.
I wonder which result is actually better

A quick check around my friends and adversaries sites shows me the left has so little to talk about that’s positive, some seem almost suicidal. What they are doing is changing the template and the outrage and anger Americans now have will not allow them set that premise. What they do best is talk. If they’d shut up and listen they could save their butts.

Just a few quick hits here about topics of the day:
Just glancing around the headlines tells me some things never change.

Colorado is paying the bills on the backs of pot smokers according to this article. Diogenes will need to puff a lot more to pay for his states deficit, but at least we know they have high expectations.

Just when does this economy become this administrations problem and when are they expected to do something about it? The answer to both questions appears to be, "Not yet."

Six vacations in 8 months? My last vacation was in March of 1987. All these bills and laws that have passed, none of them were written by Obama. So just what is it he needs a break from? Maybe the better question is, “When do we get our break from this administration?”


Is NASA really the best tool to promote good relations with the Muslim world? In order to get a person to get terrorists to stop killing us, I guess it helps to be a rocket scientist.

No comments: